44th Annual Christmas Parade- December 5th- 2:00 PM
SPONSORED BY NORTHCENTRAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE AND PLANTERS BANK
It’s the most wonderful time of the year again, and time to prepare for another great Christmas Parade! Let the dreaming and planning begin! Our theme this year is “Peace on Earth”. We are encouraging entries to use floats that will entertain with music and dazzle the crowd with beautiful holiday scenes. The following information gives the rules and standards to help make our parade an event that will flow smoothly. This is a big event and is well attended by the residents of our community. The route will be the same as last year. Maps will be e-mailed with your line-up number. Line-up will be at the Olive Branch High School at 12:30 P.M. with the parade starting at 2:00 P.M.
Fees will be charged as follows:
- No charge for civic organizations, churches, or K-12 schools.
- Clubs and commercial organizations – $20 per float (This includes the vehicle to pull the float ). Car Clubs are $15 per vehicle with a limit of 5 vehicles.
- Stables are $20 each with a limit of 10 horses and 1 vehicle. (The one vehicle includes any motorized transportation.) Please make arrangements to clean up behind your horse.
There will be no set performances. Any performance must be done on the float, or as you are walking. There will be no staged or stopping for performances, as this would hold up the parade. We want to keep the parade flowing in a timely manner.
Just a reminder about major rules:
1. For safety reasons and due to Covid-19 we are not allowing any candy or anything thrown or passed out. Walkers are not allowed to pass anything out. Please do not allow participants to jump on and off the floats to hand out candy or other items.
2. There will be only ONE SANTA CLAUS in the parade – the Chamber’s official one which concludes the Parade.
3. Entries are limited to two items per entry.
4. Keep in mind this is a family-friendly parade. All entries are subject to approval by the Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce. This event is not a platform for political or social issues, therefore anything inappropriate will be grounds for removal from the parade.
5. Vehicles should be unique … custom show vehicles or licensed antique vehicles. There will be a limit of 5 vehicles per car club. Off-road vehicles are prohibited unless they are pulling a float.
To assist the Parade Committee with its planning, please complete and return the enclosed application, cooperative agreement, and fees as soon as possible. In doing so, your organization agrees to abide by the conditions stated.
The deadline for this year’s parade entries will be November 25th. As a reminder, the entries will be limited to the first 100 applications received.
Vickie DuPree, CEO