Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce News
Why Understanding Workplace Personality Boosts Company Culture
SUMMARY (click here to read the entire article, with links to other articles)
No two people are wired the same way, so understanding what motivates employees benefits both workers and employers alike. What’s motivating your employees? Workers want a lot more than a paycheck and job flexibility. In fact, some of what they want is rooted in personality and workplace psychology. Read this article and the links included on the four different types of workplace personalities and why they matter.
- The differences between the four types: Go-Getters, Loyalists, Career Builders, and Lifers.
- Who needs more flexibility and who needs more predictability.
- How to motivate high achievers and help them avoid burnout.
- The differences between a loyalist and a lifer.
- How to support career builders to grow with you instead of switching jobs.
Unleash the Potential of New Managers with Leadership Development
- New leaders must be willing to learn, develop communication skills, and adjust relationships.
- Transparent information sharing establishes trust and repeats important messages.
- Listening is a key communication skill and should be prioritized.
- Treat everyone equally and objectively when making tough decisions.
- Be respectful of team members’ perspectives and strive for self-improvement.
Do personal stories help or hurt your business?
- Telling personal stories is an effective way to engage customers and humanize your brand.
- Make sure the story relates to your company’s values or mission.
- Use HubSpot’s guide to business storytelling as a resource when crafting stories.
- Personal stories do not have to be about you—they can be about your customers too.
- When done well, telling personal stories can help you become known for what makes your business special and attract ideal clients.
Mississippi Job Search Website
Are you looking for a job in Mississippi?
If so, click here and visit Mississippi’s College Graduate Jobs website listing thousands of available positions.
(Some of them may not require a college degree, so it is worth checking out. In the search box, type in the City you desire to check, or if you are city-flexible, then type in a specific type job search for the whole state.)
EAP Services Discounted to Members
What you get
- Confidential Counseling
- 24-Hour Crisis Telephone Response
- Individual, couple and family counseling
- Referral, Follow-Up and Case Management Services
- Supervisor/Mandatory Referrals
- And more