Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce News
Do personal stories help or hurt your business?
- Telling personal stories is an effective way to engage customers and humanize your brand.
- Make sure the story relates to your company’s values or mission.
- Use HubSpot’s guide to business storytelling as a resource when crafting stories.
- Personal stories do not have to be about you—they can be about your customers too.
- When done well, telling personal stories can help you become known for what makes your business special and attract ideal clients.
Boost Your Productivity with These Practical Habits
- Batching tasks allows you to group similar tasks together and focus on them for a specific
period of time, improving concentration and allowing you to monotask rather than multitask.
- “Eating the frog” is a productivity hack that prioritizes the most difficult task first, leading to
feelings of accomplishment that can carry over into the rest of the day/week.
- Automating your attention by turning off notifications, putting your phone on silent, and using
online scheduling helps avoid distractions.
- Power napping for 10-20 minutes before 2pm (or 5pm for night owls) can improve cognitive
function and boost creativity.
- Incorporating these habits can help increase productivity and make you more efficient –
practice proactively to see real results. (Click here for full article and links to additional articles)
Mississippi Job Search Website
Are you looking for a job in Mississippi?
If so, click here and visit Mississippi’s College Graduate Jobs website listing thousands of available positions.
(Some of them may not require a college degree, so it is worth checking out. In the search box, type in the City you desire to check, or if you are city-flexible, then type in a specific type job search for the whole state.)
EAP Services Discounted to Members
What you get
- Confidential Counseling
- 24-Hour Crisis Telephone Response
- Individual, couple and family counseling
- Referral, Follow-Up and Case Management Services
- Supervisor/Mandatory Referrals
- And more